19 February 2009

A video created by Catherine's sister, Mary.

My older daughter Mary, put this video together and dedicated it to Catherine.

The song that plays in the background is called Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls - Catherine's favourite at the time.

We had this song playing as we left the church, taking Catherine to her final resting place.


Every time I hear that song - and Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol - no matter what I'm doing or where I am, I come to a complete standstill and totally crumple up emotionally - not always visible to an onlooker.

All my emotions are locked inside, waiting patiently to erupt.

4 comments:

Desire` Aguirre said...

That's a beautiful tribute. I'm adding tears to your bucket...

Nan P. said...

Beautiful montage. Well done to Mary.

Allow your emotions to erupt (as long as you are in a safe place at the time) - You know it will help somewhat ;-)

Sending a Big Hug, as always.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I've been nothing but honest and raw there partly to get it out for myself, and partly to hopefully give others going through a similar experience hope in knowing that they are not the only ones with these intense and sometimes insane feelings . . .
I read your blog, watched the video, even though I could barely handle it, knowing your pain. No matter how much others try, no one can ever know the pain and horror of losing a child.
I'm glad to have met you and will bookmark your blog.

Anonymous said...

Your memorial is coming along lovely.The video pictures and song created byMary is exceptional. Catherine will never be forgotten.