25 February 2009

(2008) Another Christmas Without My Catherine

I couldn't let another Christmas go by and see Catherine's grave without a headstone.
A lot of time and planning went it to it, to have it done exactly as I wanted it for her. And also to be sure that all the family would be happy with it, and that Catherine herself would approve.
The heart shape symbolises our love for her, and the huge heart of gold that she had; the butterfly symbolises her wish to "come back" as a butterfly; and the book symbolises her love and talent for writing.
(I tried to take the picture as straight as possible, but had to take it from an angle in my attempt to include as much of the Christmas items as I could - that's why it looks slightly off-level.)
The grave itself could do with a complete "makeover" but unfortunately I've been unable to do very much for the last 4 months or so due to a broken ankle, which still hasn't healed. Hopefully, by the time summer comes along, I should have it looking much better than this. Winter is not the best time to tackle these things - even without a broken ankle.
There would normally be a lot more christmas gifts, flowers and ornaments but because the headstone had just been put in, the surrounding area was disturbed and messed up. Catherine's grave is usually a blaze of colour all year round.

Her headstone was ready just in time for Christmas.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a bereaved parent i have also a website Express yourself to other bereaved parents at
www.neveraway.co.uk
a website for bereaved parents only

Catherine's Mum said...

Thank you Ivan, I will bookmark your site. Thanks also, for contacting me.
Will be in touch soon.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for you visit to my blog. I hope you update yours soon. I know, I am very inconsistent with keeping up on mine . . .

Catherine's Mum said...

Thanks a million for your comment! gratefully received.

Unfortunately, I haven't been well for the last 8 weeks or so and for quite a while I didn't even have the strength to open my laptop, until about 10 days ago or so.

I do hope to get back into the swing of it soon, when I'm feeling a bit better.

I have literally been at a standstill with everything up to now, and I really hope this will change much sooner rather than later.

I do intend to have a lot more added before Catherine's 3rd anniversary on 15th July.

I find it difficult to believe that almost 3 years have gone by already, especially when most of the time I still can't believe it has all really happened - it's still like it was only last night, and even then sometimes I think I only dreamed it and she'll walk in the door at any minute.

So, don't worry - I look forward to being in contact with all my blog friends ASAP.

Very best wishes for now and take good care.